Iain Cunningham (Convener of the World Mission Council's Local Development Committee) and Carol Finlay (Twinning and Local Development Secretary) are visiting Ghana from 14 - 27 January 2011. They are meeting with our partner churches, the Presbyterian Church of Ghana and the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Preparing to go

Carol, Wednesday 12 January:
Why change the habits of a lifetime! Several folks phoned tonight to wish me a safe trip and said "are you packed yet?" Most of them should have known the answer before asking the question. "Of course not...there is still plenty time before the taxi comes at 7am".

Now 01.30hrs and I think I am now packed and ready...not too many clothes...you do not really need many when the temperature in Ghana will be between 28-32 degrees C. I can't wait for the heat and the sunshine. Ghana is in the same time zone as UK but only4-11degrees north of the Equator.

This is my first visit to West Africa and I am intrigued to find out how it differs from East Africa. When asking one friend what I might not think of packing she replied "moisturiser". At this time of the year a hot wind called the harmattan blows from the Sahara region and plays havoc with your skin so moisturiser duly packed along with the Scottish calendars and other gifts for our hosts. So now to bed...hope I do not sleep in!

This time tomorrow...Accra.

No comments:

Post a Comment